This Transforming The Experience-Based Brain training will be handled online using our Virtual Learning Experience. Review our Distant Learning page or click here to download the Online Modules pdf to learn about our virtual learning experience and know what to expect. We can't wait to help you learn with this new option.
This training is open to all those who support healing in others, those who work in a therapeutic or educational setting, including but not limited to the following:
- Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists, Social Workers, Art or Music Therapist
- Medical Doctor, Registered Nurse, Chiropractor
- Body Worker, Acupuncturist, Massage Therapist, Biodynamic Cranial Sacral Therapy
- or attended Somatic Experiencing Training, Sensory Motor Training, Hakomi Training,
or a Somatic Training Program, Touch Skills for Therapist, or Somatic Resilience and Regulation
- Currently have a "Healing" practice
- If you are unsure about your qualifications, please reach out to the training site coordinator
Training Format: All-Inclusive with Registration
- We have created the most economical path to learning Transforming the Experienced-Based Brain and becoming a Transforming® Touch Therapist. Our training format reduces time away from home and practice, supports student learning, and builds a community of Healers.
- All lectures are recorded and available online for you to review on your schedule. The videos are available 30 days prior to the Skill Building Experience and through the end of the month following the experience after full payment for the module is completed.
- We facilitate a 3 day Skill Building Experience through Zoom where you are able to experience and learn with other students. Each day of the Skill Building Experience allows for over 90 minutes of question and answer periods.
- Following the training we encourage students to trade sessions or to seek their own ongoing sessions and to seek individual and group consultations.
- The training is facilitated through 3 modules. Modules do need to be completed in order without exception. After you complete all 3 modules, you can be listed on the "co-regulating touch" referral network at no charge.
- Students oftentimes find that repeating modules at half-price are very beneficial for their learning and their own healing.
This 3 Module Trauma-Informed Transforming Touch® Training . Each module builds on the one before and modules must be taken in sequence. You may take modules in other locations if you have conflicts with your original cohort.
The Trauma-Informed Transforming Touch® Curriculum for Module 2 includes:
ONLINE PRE RECORDED LECTURES
- Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Resilience and Prosperity
- Low Tone and High Tone Dorsal
- Window of Tolerance
- Survival Language
- Brief Look at Attachment Theory
- Secure Attachment
- Anxious Attachment
- Avoidant Attachment
- Disorganized Attachment
- Mary Ainsworth Strange Situation
- Erik Erikson 8 Stages of Psychosocial Development
- Safe Haven and Misattunement
- Trauma and Neurotransmitters
- H-P-A Axis
- Palmar Grasp Reflex
- Spinal Galant Reflex
- "What we learn in Utero"
- Practice Info
- Intake and Healing Plan
ON ZOOM SKILL BUILDING EXPERIENCE
- 7 Point Protocol
- H-P-A Axis
- Rooting Reflex
- Sucking Reflex
- Spinal Galant
- Palmar Reflex
When And Where
Online Lectures will go live on the website for all students paid in full 30 days prior to start.
8:30 am - 4 pm Central Standard Time (We sometimes end earlier considering the length of final debrief daily).
90 minutes will be for Q&A.
Skill Building Experience:
8:30 am - 4 pm CST
"First morning students introduce themselves, where they are from, and a felt sense word (happy, sad, glad, nervous..ect)."
Watch The Training Videos
This training includes Distant Learning access. Distant Learning provides online lectures and demo videos you can view online, instead of having to attend the training in person. Click here to learn more. Videos go live 30 days prior to the Skill Building Experience.
Click here to view the online lectures and demo videos for this module. Video access begins on TBD. Please check back here on that day.
Payment And Related Information:
Early Registration: $1025.00 for module 2
Regular Registration: $1125 for module 2
*Early Registration applies when tuition is paid in full by the early registration deadline.
Stephen J. Terrell, PsyD, SEP
Continuing Education Information:
NCBTMB hours are $25.00 per module and includes certificate.
23 hours Continuing Education (CE) credit for this program is awarded by NCBTMB www.ncbtmb.org Stephen J. Terrell is an NCBTMB-Approved Continuing Education Provider (Provider #: 50-100025).
Click Here to Register for NCBTMB and Learn More about our Providers.
How do I view the online videos?
You will receive the passwords at least 30 days prior to Skill Building Experience so you can access the material.