Finding the right therapist for your child is never an easy task. The majority of all my clients come by way of referrals. I have extensive training in the areas of Developmental Trauma, Adoption, Attachment, and Trauma. I am often times a client’s fifth or sixth therapist.
Over the years, I have come to understand the importance of regulation and how it affects a person's interactions with others and behaviors at home and at school. The goal of my treatment model is to use all the available resources to assist a child in regulation and bringing them into their own window of tolerance.
My basic core belief is that the body is capable of healing itself if and when it is regulating at optimal performance. Behaviors can and will change when a person has more time to think before responding and less need for negative management techniques.
We go back to the beginning and look at the neurosequential development of a child from the time of conception. We will go into this further during your intake appointment. Intake appointments are 60 minutes and the fee is $200.
The most common question from Parents seems to be, "How long will therapy take?" and "How often will I need to bring my child?". I wish I had the exact answer to these two questions but every case is unique. Most of the children I see, come to therapy on a weekly basis.
How To Request An Appointment
- Click the Child Disclosure button below. Read through the Child Disclosure.
- Click the Notice of Privacy Practices button below. Read through the Notice of Privacy Practices.
Submit the Individual Therapy form below to request an appointment.
We'll be in touch with you about the next available appointment.
- Once your appointment is confirmed, click the Child Study Questions button below. Print the Child Study Questions, fill out the form, and bring it with you to your first appointment.
- Once your appointment is confirmed, click the Child Intake button below, print the form, and bring it with you to your first appointment.
- Please give as much information as possible in the Child Study Questions and Child Intake forms. Please remember that the first appointment is an intake appointment and for parents only.
Also, if you have any reports from physicians, psychologists, or other therapists, please bring a copy of those reports to your first appointment.
Please Submit for Individual Therapy
Submit the form below to request an appointment
Please note that Stephen Terrell no longer accepts Texas Medicaid or any other form of insurance for services.