Expand Your Transforming Touch® Skills AND Personal Healing
Transforming Experience Group (TEG) is an interactive experience-based group process where didactic learning and hands-on experience come together. This group is for practitioners who work with shock and/or developmental trauma and would like to expand their touch skills and knowledge or begin to integrate touch into their practices.
Preference is given to those who have completed Somatic Resilience and Regulation, Transforming the Experience-Based Brain, or Touch Skills Training. Others are approved on an individual basis.
TEG is based on The Fishbowl learning experience. This process allows participants to observe and learn about touch techniques and to experience their effectiveness. During the experience, Terrell presents a short lesson at the beginning and uses opportunities to teach throughout the experiential. Following the lesson, each participant has the experience of being a client and clinician with the supervision/input of Terrell. This type of experience allows space for the participant to expand their own working knowledge of somatic touch along with their own healing experience.
The observers will be encouraged at the end of the practice session to discuss their observations and to share their own feelings that may have been triggered or questions they may have concerning the witnessed experience.
Increasing participant capacity through regulation is the primary goal of TEG. “You can only take people (clients) as far as you yourself have gone.” Richard Rohr.
- Participants will have hands-on experience with a fellow participant as a therapist.
- Participants will have the opportunity to be a client.
- Groups are kept confidential as far as sharing other participants' narratives or personal information as much as groups are able to confidential.
- A facilitator will offer support for the therapist to expand their clinical skills of using touch as a therapeutic intervention.
- Participants will have an opportunity to share ways the group utilizes touch in their professional practices.
- Participants will own a personal process and you will gain a greater understanding of Developmental Trauma and how your early experiences influence your work and life today.
- By participating as a client, you will have the opportunity to do a piece of your own developmental work.
- Increased therapist capacity equals higher levels of healing for clients.
- We use one table in a fishbowl style of learning.
- Other participants discuss the session and offer feedback along with facilitator.
- A facilitator will actively support the client and therapist during the experiential session.
- Participation as a client is optional.
- This is a highly intensive experience and most participants choose to attend future groups.
- Class size is limited to 10 participants.
- Fees for Transforming Experience Group: $600 USD. CEU's are no charge through bodywork association.
Thank you for considering joining this Experiential Group. It is open to anyone who works with trauma and would like to consider adding Transforming Touch® to their practice. This includes all graduates/students of Somatic Experiencing, Somatic Resilience and Regulation, Kain's Touch Skills, Hakomi, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Social Workers, Massage Therapists, and Body Workers. Please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions regarding the group or your qualifications to attend. This group serves as a dual purpose, you learn more about trauma and touch and you have an opportunity to do some of your own work around trauma.
Register For Training
Pick one of the upcoming TEG trainings below to register and view details. Please choose a location filter if you're looking for a TEG training in a specific location.
Click here for instructions on how to register for a training.
All Transforming Experiential Groups are on hold due to the Pandemic through 2020.
Registration is open first to alumni students and then opens for new students. Alumni students have priority on admission to Transforming Experience Group. New students are admitted either by direct admission or through our waiting list (It is possible that space may become available, so you may join our waiting list, and we will contact you to complete your registration.) Please click the button below to send an email to Heather with your interest in joining which group.