This Transforming The Experience-Based Brain training will be handled online using our Virtual Learning Experience. Review our Distant Learning page or click here to download the Online Modules pdf to learn about our virtual learning experience and know what to expect. We can't wait to help you learn with this new option.
This training is open to all those who support healing in others, those who work in a therapeutic or educational setting, including but not limited to the following:
- Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists, Social Workers, Art or Music Therapist
- Medical Doctor, Registered Nurse, Chiropractor
- Body Worker, Acupuncturist, Massage Therapist, Biodynamic Cranial Sacral Therapy
- or attended Somatic Experiencing Training, Sensory Motor Training, Hakomi Training,
or a Somatic Training Program, Touch Skills for Therapist, or Somatic Resilience and Regulation
- Currently have a "Healing" practice
- If you are unsure about your qualifications, please reach out to the training site coordinator
Training Format: All Inclusive with Registration
- We have created the most economical path to learning Transforming the Experienced-Based Brain. Our training format reduces time away from home and practice, supports student learning, and builds a community of Healers.
- The lectures are available 30 days prior to the Skill Building Experience and through the end of the month following the experience online.
- We provide 1 Q&A session for the class prior to the Skill Building Experience where you and your classmates can ask questions and problem solve over zoom and 1 Q&A following the experience weekend.
- We facilitate a 3 day Skill Building Experience online. Students will actively participate in triads to practice the techniques. Each practice is followed by a group process and Q&A.
- Following the training we support students reaching out for their own sessions, consultations, or more supportive education through Transforming Breaks or Transforming Reviews.
- The training is facilitate through 3 modules. Modules must be completed in order without exception.
- Graduates of all 3 modules can be listed on the "co-regulating touch" referral network at no charge.
- Students often times find that repeating modules at half-price is very beneficial for their learning and their nervous system.
Module 1 Overview
- Shock vs Developmental Trauma
- Threat Response and Stresses
- Implicit vs Explicit Memory
- Locus of Control
- Autonomic Nervous System
- Self Regulation
- Hierarchy of Healing
- Allostatic Load
- Transforming Touch® vs Transforming Intentional Touch
- Transforming Ethics
- The Four Agreements
- Bowlby's 4 points of Healing
- Seven Point Protocol
- Therapeutic Centering
- Types of Touch
- 7 Point Protocol
- Fear Paryalsis Primiative Reflex
- Moro Reflex
When And Where
Online Lectures will go live on the website for all students paid in full 30 days prior to beginning the experiential weekend.
Q&A: 1 pm CDT on July 14, 2022
(Students are encouraged to join the live Q&A Session, Session will be recorded for those who can't attend the live session.)
* Link to join Q&A session will be emailed to all students paid in full by TBD or with registration confirmation.
* Online Lectures and Demos are pre-recorded.
Skill Building Experience:
8:30 am - 4 pm Friday CST
9:00 am - 4 pm Sat/Sun CST.
"First morning students introduce themselves, where they are from, and a felt sense word (happy, sad, glad, nervous..ect)."
Watch The Training Videos
This training includes Distant Learning access. Distant Learning provides online lectures and demo videos you can view online, instead of having to attend the training in person. Click here to learn more. Videos go live 30 days prior to the Skill Building Experience.
Click here to view the online lectures and demo videos for this module. Video access begins on TBD. Please check back here on that day.
Payment And Related Information:
Early Registration: $1025.00 for module 1
Early Registration applies when tuition is paid in full by the early registration deadline. Regular Registration is $1125
Stephen J. Terrell, PsyD, SEP
Continuing Education Information:
We award 27 NCBTMB hours per module completed. There are no charges for these professional hours.
Counselors, Psychologist, Social Workers and other licensed professionals:
Please check with your licensing agency to see if you can use the free NCBTMB hours as "other" for your continuing education hours.
Click Here to Register for CE's and Learn More about our Providers.
How do I view the online videos?
You will receive the passwords at least 30 days prior to Skill Building Experience so you can access the material.