Trauma Sensitive Schools from "Helping Traumatized Children Learn" Think out your plan of action and consider asking yourself the following questions as you develop an action plan
Trauma-Sensitive Vision Questions
How will taking this action:
- Deepen our shared understanding of how trauma impacts learning and why a school-wide approach is needed for creating a trauma-sensitive school?
- Help the school effectively support all students to feel safe physically, socially, emotionally and academically?
- Address students’ needs in holistic ways, taking into account their relationships, self-regulation, academic competence and physical and emotional well-being?
- Explicitly connect students to the school community and provide multiple opportunities for students to practice newly developing skills throughout the school?
- Support staff’s capacity to work together as a team with a sense of shared responsibility for every student?
- Help the school anticipate and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our students and the surrounding community?
Please Submit for Individual Therapy
Fill out the form below or call us at (512) 206-0260 to request an appointment
Please note that Stephen Terrell no longer accepts Texas Medicaid or any other form of insurance for services. There are, however, two other therapists in the office who accept Texas Medicaid and other insurances.